Hey guys this is just a quick update with Blog tips. I'm working on the second part of the mTurk review but for now here are some tips.
1. Index your blog in search engines. This will make sure your blog shows up on searches.
2. Interact with other bloggers. Search for blogs you're interested, leave comments, and follow them! You want to get your blog's name and url out there as much as you can. If you leave a comment on a popular blog, there's a chance others will see your comment, click on your profile, and find your blog!
3. Join forums and websites that relate to your blog's topic, or forums for promoting your website. Post a link in your signature, and be active on the forums. Make sure that your blog's address is in EVERY site you have a profile on. Here are a couple links:
4. Post! This is especially important in the beginning. If you don't post for a long time, people who come across your blog will assume it's inactive and won't bother following or commenting. This is huge.
5. On a related note, make sure the content of your blog is quality. Don't make one-sentence posts, or posts that are just a Youtube Video. People can find that stuff anywhere -- make the blog worthwhile for people to read!
That's it for now! What tips would you guys give to new bloggers? Let me know if I missed anything!